AIM AND OBJECTS: To provide free and competent legal service to the weaker section of the society to ensure that the opportunity for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities and to organize Lok Adalat to secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice on a basis of equal opportunity.
“LEGAL SERVICES” includes the rendering of any service in the conduct of any case or other legal proceeding before any court or other authority or tribunal and the giving of advice on any legal matter.
THESE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY WAY OF:
* Providing free and competent legal Aid counsels (Panel Advocate);
* Free legal advice;
* Free counselling;
* Preparation of legal documents.
PERSON ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FREE LEGAL SERVICE:
* A member of SC/ST; or
* A victim of trafficking in human being or beggar as referred to in Article 23 of the constitution;
* A woman or a child;
* A mentally ill or otherwise disabled person i.e. a person with physical or any other kind of disability;
* An industrial workman;
* A person in custody including protective home, juvenile home, psychiatric hospital or psychiatric nursing home;
* A person having annual income of not exceeding one lakh.
* To organize Lok Adalat to settle pending and yet to be initiated case (i.e. pre litigation).
* To organize legal awareness and legal literacy programme throughout the state on varied subject and issues of social and legal importance.
* To establish legal aid clinic for spreading legal awareness and providing legal aid to weaker & marginalized section of the society.
HOW AND WHOM TO APPLY:
* Eligible person may apply to the Member Secretary, Arunachal Pradesh State Legal Services Authority/Chairman/Secretary of District Legal Services Authority/Legal Aid Clinic stating brief facts of the case and copies of relevant documents, if any.
* District & Sessions Judge/Additional District & Sessions Judge are the Chairperson of DLSA.
* Chief Judicial Magistrate/Judicial Magistrate First Class are the Secretary of their respective District legal services authorities.
LEGAL AID CLINIC ARE AVAILABLE AT:
* District & Sessions Court Complex: at Yupia, Tezu
* Additinal Disctrict & Sessions Court Complex: at Pasighat, Basar, Bomdila
* CJM Court Complex: at Ziro, Roing, Aalo, Seppa,
* JMFC Court Complex: at Yingkiong, Tawang, Khonsa, Daporijo
* Also available at :APSLSA office-Itanagar, Oju Mission Complex-Nlg, Arunachal Law Academy-Lekhi, Juvenile Home-Pasighat, District Jail-Jully & Tezu, Sub Jail-Yingkiong, Aalo & Khonsa.
LEGAL ASSISTANCE HELPLINE NUMBERS: 0360-2290116 / 2290117